A FULLY ACCESSIBLE AIRPORT
Laredo International Airport (LRD) works hard to make the travel experience easy and safe for all of its passengers. The airport is fully accessible to individuals with physical challenges, those traveling with infants and small children, the elderly and others with special needs. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience at LRD more comfortable.
Laredo International Airport (LRD) is designed for maximum accessibility, mobility, comfort, and convenience for all passengers and visitors. The airport follows ADA requirements and strives to provide facilities that enable everyone to move through the facility safely and efficiently.
Designated parking areas for drivers of vehicles displaying proper identification are available. There are ample disabled parking spaces in the Long Term and Short Term garages. Click here Map Parking.
Departing and arriving passengers can utilize wheelchair assistance provided by your Airline. Please contact your Airline to schedule assistance at no charge. To request wheelchair assistance after hours or for immediate needs call your Airline, United Airlines-United Accessibility Desk at 1-800-228-2744, American Airlines at 800-433-7300 and Allegiant Reservations Center at 1-702-505-8888. Courtesy phones are located throughout the terminal for your convenience.
Service animals are allowed in the terminal when accompanying their owners. Pet friendly areas:
• Outside Security: Outside Passenger Terminal south and end section there is a has designated service animal relief area in Terminal B, the area is near the exit by at the Baggage Claim exit door area, near the Ground Transportation Center.
• Inside Security: Designated areas for pet relief inside security (past TSA checkpoint) are located at restrooms.
• Pets are required to be on a leash at all times when visiting LRD Airport. Additionally, if you will be traveling from LRD with your pet, please keep the appropriate pet carrier on hand. Only pets with an accompanied ticketed passenger can use the designated areas.
LAW ENFORCEMENT CANINES
Please respect the Law Enforcement Canines when traveling with your pets. Travelers must ensure their pet is in its required crate and/or on a leash. Contact between your pet(s) and Law Enforcement Canines are strictly prohibited. Petting of Law Enforcement Canines is strictly prohibited.
Restrooms are located in Terminal first floor on the right and left side of the escalator. Restrooms are equipped with changing stations.
Lactation Mamava suite is available in the Terminal second (2nd) floor. Click here for app.
COMMENTS ABOUT ACCESSIBILITY AT THE AIRPORT
The Laredo International Airport welcomes your comments and feedback about accessibility. Please send us your comments using our online Feedback. Reason for feedback field, please select “ADA Accessibility” from the pull-down menu and use the comment box to enter your feedback.
RESOURCES FOR TRAVELERS
• American with Disabilities (ADA)
HELPFUL PHONE NUMBERS
• Airport Police at 956-795-2001